The Digital Workshop welcomes Amiqual4Home, equipment of excellence for the intelligent home
The Digital Workshop, a space for innovation, experimentation and the development of digital and software businesses, opened its doors in Montbonnot on the 5th of June 2015. The workshop houses the brand new Amiqual4Home platform, equipment of excellence (Equipex), supported by Inria and dedicated to the intelligent home and connected objects, together with the Tarmac G business nursery, and a number of young innovative companies.
The Digital Workshop, owned by the Le Grésivaudan federation of municipalities, was declared open in the presence of:
- Geneviève Fioraso, MP for the Isère.
- François Brottes, MP for the Isère and President of the National Assembly Economic Affairs Commission.
- Francis Gimbert, President of the Le Grésivaudan federation of municipalities.
- Pierre Béguery, Mayor of Montbonnot and Vice-President of Le Grésivaudan responsible for the economy.
- Patrick Gros, Director of the Inria Grenoble - Rhône-Alpes Research Centre.
- Christophe Mathevet, President of Inovallée.
- Jean-Pierre Verjus, President of the Digital Grenoble management board.
The Amiqual4Home equipment of excellence has been funded by the French National Research Agency as part of its Investment for the Future programme. The aim of the facility is to develop and experiment with new personal services in an intelligent home environment.
The platform includes a rapid prototyping facility (Creativity Lab) and experimental and participative design laboratories (Living Labs), together with support for the exploitation of ideas and economic development.
These articles could interest you:
For more information
- Website Amiqual4Home
- Press release (in french) "Inauguration de l'atelier numérique"
- "In search of smart home", Pr. James Crowley