2019 Key figures
The Inria centre has 14 project teams. Its activities occupy over 300 people, scientists and research and innovation support staff, including 38 different nationalities.
Director of the inria Lille - Nord Europe research centre
Positioning & Strategic issues
Scientific priority areas:
- Data science;
- Software engineering;
- Cyber-physical systems;
Strategic lines of development
- Long-term securing of the University of Lille-Nord Europe (ULNE) I-Site and active participation in the construction of the target institution, which will integrate the University of Lille, the engineering schools, Lille university hospital, the Institut Pasteur in Lille;
- Partnership with Euratechnologies focused on upgrading the technologies promoted by the incubator's startups;
- Operation of the regional humAIn project on artificial intelligence, in close cooperation with the Hauts-de-France regional authority.
- Digital sciences applied to personalised medicine projects.
Ecosystem & Partners
The centre is a founding member and actively participates in the ULNE I-Site to define a new target university establishment. Its project teams are operated jointly with these academic partners: University of Lille, the Free University of Brussels, École Centrale de Lille and the CNRS, In addition, there are two laboratories which are particularly involved in joint project teams with the Inria Lille-Nord Europe Research Centre: the CRIStAL and the Paul Painlevé laboratories. The centre has been heavily involved in the development of the research and innovation strategies of both the regional authority and the Métropole Européenne de Lille. It is in charge of coordinating the State-Region Data plan and is leading research on the Internet of Things, data knowledge and intelligence and high performance computing (HPC).
On the technology transfer and startup front, it works closely with EuraTechnologies, Europe's largest incubator in the digital sector, acquiring a building on the site in 2018, where it has installed some of its research activities and its Interface demonstrator space. It also works in close collaboration with the competitiveness clusters, in particular with EuraMaterials (materials), NSL (nutrition, health, longevity) and the Picom (commercial industries).
The centre also has numerous partnerships, with:
- Public research actors: Université de Lille, I-Site Université Lille Nord-Europe, Communauté d’Universités et Etablissements Lille Nord de France, Centrale Lille, CHU de Lille, IMT Lille-Douai, Institut Pasteur, CNRS, Inserm, ONERA, CEMPI, E.g.i.d, FIT, IrDVIE ;
- Innovation ecosystem: EuraMaterials, PICOM, Pôle NSL, SATT Nord - Plaine Images, InriaTECH, Cré’Innov, French Tech ;
- Local authorities: Europ, Etat, CESER, Conseil Régional Hauts-de-France, Métropole Européenne de Lille ;
- Major groups:
- Startups : Vekia, GoTouch VR, Axelience, InSimo, DiagRAMS, Synectique, Makitoo ;
- PME-ETI :
- Grands groupes : ArcelorMittal, Decathlon, Berger Levreault, Beckman Coulter, Keolis, Adeo, Worldline, Cylande, Jules, Alstom.
- International academic partners:
Adress Haute-Borne :
Parc scientifique de la Haute-Borne 40, avenue Halley - Bât A - Park Plaza 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq - France
- Horaires d'ouverture : du lundi au vendredi de 08h à 19h
Pour toute visite au centre de recherche, merci de vous présenter aux hôtesses d'accueil muni de votre pièce d'identité.
Adresse à EuraTechnologies :
Bâtiment Place Inria 172 avenue de Bretagne 59 000 Lille
- Tél : (+33) 03 59 57 78 00