The Inria centre has 14 project teams. Its activities occupy over 300 people, scientists and research and innovation support staff, including 38 different nationalities.
Director of the inria Lille - Nord Europe research centre
Positioning & Strategic issues
Scientific priority areas:
- Data science;
- Software engineering;
- Cyber-physical systems;
Strategic lines of development
- Long-term securing of the University of Lille-Nord Europe (ULNE) I-Site and active participation in the construction of the target institution, which will integrate the University of Lille, the engineering schools, Lille university hospital, the Institut Pasteur in Lille;
- Partnership with Euratechnologies focused on upgrading the technologies promoted by the incubator's startups;
- Operation of the regional humAIn project on artificial intelligence, in close cooperation with the Hauts-de-France regional authority.
- Digital sciences applied to personalised medicine projects.
Ecosystem & Partners
The centre is a founding member and actively participates in the ULNE I-Site to define a new target university establishment. Its project teams are operated jointly with these academic partners: University of Lille, the Free University of Brussels, École Centrale de Lille and the CNRS. In addition, there are two laboratories which are particularly involved in joint project teams with the Inria Lille-Nord Europe Research Centre: the CRIStAL and the Paul Painlevé laboratories. The centre has been heavily involved in the development of the research and innovation strategies of both the regional authority and the Métropole Européenne de Lille. It is in charge of coordinating the State-Region Data plan and is leading research on the Internet of Things, data knowledge and intelligence and high performance computing (HPC).
On the technology transfer and startup front, it works closely with EuraTechnologies, Europe's largest incubator in the digital sector, acquiring a building on the site in 2018, where it has installed some of its research activities and its Interface demonstrator space, and the transfer actions carried out within the framework of Hauts-de-France region funding.
The centre has numerous partnerships, with:
- Public research actors: Université de Lille, I-Site Université Lille Nord-Europe, Centrale Lille, CNRS, CHU de Lille, IMT Lille-Douai, Institut Pasteur, Inserm, ONERA, CEMPI, E.g.i.d, IrDIVE ;
- Innovation ecosystem: EuraTechnologies, French Tech, Plaine Images, Eurasanté, Cré’Innov, CITC, EuraMaterials, Cap Digital, Pôle NSL, SATT Nord
- Local authorities: Europe, Etat, Conseil Régional Hauts-de-France, Métropole Européenne de Lille, CESER ;
- Startups: GoTouch VR, Axelience, InSimo, DiagRAMS Technologies, Le Chemin des Mûres, Xscalibur
- PME-ETI : Vekia, Jules, Florimond-Desprez, Rouge-Gorge, TDR, Colisweb, Neotrop, Nuukik, Scalair, Traxens
- Major groups: ArcelorMittal, Decathlon, Berger Levreault, Beckman Coulter, Keolis, Adeo, Worldline, Cegid, Alstom, Colas
- International academic partners: Université Libre de Bruxelles, CWI à Amsterdam, University College of London, King’s college, University of Exeter, Alan Turing Institute, University College of Dublin, University of Stanford, University of Southern California, Universidade de Chile, Norwegian Schoool of Economics, Uppsala University, Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm, Institut fûr Mathematik de l’Université de Postdam, Delft University of Technology, Université de Namur, Polytechnique Montreal, Université du Québec à Montréal
Practicals informations & Contacts
Parc scientifique de la Haute-Borne 40, avenue Halley - Bât A - Park Plaza 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq - France
Bâtiment Place Inria 172 avenue de Bretagne 59 000 Lille
- Phone: (+33) 03 59 57 78 00