The centre has 38 project teams, divided between Grenoble and Lyon. Its activities occupy over 650 people, scientists and research and innovation support staff.
Director of the Inria Grenoble-Rhône Alpes research centre
Positioning & Strategic issues
Scientific priority areas:
Technical, environmental and ethical reliability of software;
Strategic lines of development:
- Active participation by the centre in the integrated university project conducted by the establishments on the site;
- Move from the Montbonnot site to the Saint Martin d’Hères university campus;
- Will support the development of the plans for an Inria centre on the Lyon site.
Inria's strategic objectives for the Lyon site, mainly under the auspices of the Inria Grenoble-Rhône-Alpes research centre, are:
- Creation of the Inria centre of the Target University (University of Lyon);
- Reinforcement of the interdisciplinary project teams, in particular those based on interactions between digital sciences, biology and health, or with all the disciplines involved with the development of urban intelligence, through two areas:
- modelling in biology and health;
- distributed and embedded computing.
Ecosystem & Partners
The centre is a founder member of the Grenoble Alpes University, which operates project teams jointly with UGA, Grenoble INP and the CNRS.
The centre is an associate member of the ComUE UdL, which operates project teams jointly with Lyon ENS, UCBL, INSA Lyon, the CNRS and Inrae.
The other partners
The centre is a shareholder in a technology transfer accelerator company, SATT Linksium, as well being a member of the IRT Nanoelec consortium. It is also a member of the Minalogic cluster, Tenerrdis cluster, and the GATE1 Association. It is also a partner of several other regional and national bodies.