Startups created since 1999
The centre had 20 project teams, 18 of which were based in Talence and two in Pau. Its activities occupy over 300 people, scientists and research and innovation support staff, including 31 different nationalities.
Director of the Inria Bordeaux - Sud-Ouest research centre
Positioning & Strategic issues
Scientific priority areas:
- Convergence of high performance computing and Big Data;
- Machine learning, developed in conjunction with neuroscience and cognitive science;
- Digital health, and more specifically the contribution of digital technology to personalised medicine.
Strategic lines of development
- Become a major player in innovation in digital technology, with the aim of boosting the economic development of the region;
- Create a regional impact across Nouvelle-Aquitaine, planned to tie in with the priorities of the regional authorities and actors in higher education, research and innovation, in particular on the theme of artificial intelligence;
- The contribution of digital technology to sustainable development and eco-responsibility.
Ecosystem & Partners
Université de Bordeaux, Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour, CNRS, Bordeaux INP, ENSTA ParisTech, Inserm, INRAE
Région Nouvelle Aquitaine, CHU de Bordeaux, Institut Bergonié, Vaccine Research Institute Pôles Aerospace Valley et Alpha-RLH Digital Aquitaine, Aquitaine Robotics, EdTech, GIS Albatros CATIE, Aquitaine Science Transfert, Bordeaux Unitec, Bordeaux Technowest French Tech Bordeaux Cap Sciences CEA CESTA, Total, Airbus, EDF, Ubisoft, Immersion, Ertus Group, Interaction Healthcare, Valeol, I2S, AIO...
Startups auxquelles Inria Bordeaux a contribué via des personnes, des technologies ou de l’accompagnement : Siderion Technologies, Rhoban Systems, IQSpot, Matchable, Pollen Robotics, RealityTech, Ullo, (Nenuphar), UT4H, Nurea, Atoptima, TouchSensity