ASCOLA Research team
Aspect and composition languages
- Leader : Mario Sudholt
- Type : Project team
- Research center(s) : Rennes
- Field : Networks, Systems and Services, Distributed Computing
- Theme : Distributed Systems and Services
- Ecole des Mines de Nantes, CNRS, Laboratoire d'Informatique de Nantes Atlantique (LINA) (UMR6241)
Team presentationASCOLA addresses the general problem of structuring and evolving software by developing concepts, languages, implementations and tools for building software architectures based on components and aspects. Its long term goal is the development of new abstractions for the programming of software architectures, their representation in terms of expressive programming languages and their correct and efficient implementation.
Research themesWe mainly pursue the following objectives:
- The design and implementation of new concepts, language support, and tools for distributed applications, in particular, in order to cope with their crosscutting concerns, such as distribution itself, transactional behavior, and security.
- The definition of a model that seamlessly integrates components and aspects, in particular by means of a notion of interfaces that makes it possible to decouple concrete components and aspects while supporting the analysis and enforcement of composition properties in such a hybrid setting.
- The investigation of the relationships between domain-specific languages (DSLs), aspect languages, and composition langages. We intend to harness similarities between these language classes for the development of more general language design/implementation techniques in order to provide new support for the transformational development of correct and efficient implementations from high-level programming abstractions.
- The study of the foundations of Aspect-Oriented Programming (AOP) and their compositional properties by means of formal semantics for aspects (and components) as well as new corresponding analysis, verification and validation techniques.
International and industrial relations
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Universidad de Chile, Technische Universität Darmstadt, University of Lancaster
- Bull, France Telecom, SAP, ScalAgent
Keywords: Services Components Aspects Composition Modularization Software architecture programming languages Domain specific languages Semantics and formal properties Distribution Concurrency Web serv
Research teams of the same theme :
- ACES - Ambient computing and embedded systems
- ADAM - Adaptive Distributed Applications and Middleware
- ARLES - Software architectures and distributed systems
- ASAP - As Scalable As Possible: foundations of large scale dynamic distributed systems
- ATLANMOD - Modeling Technologies for Software Production, Operation, and Evolution
- CIDRE - Confidentialité, Intégrité, Disponibilité et Répartition
- FOCUS - Foundations of Component-based Ubiquitous Systems
- INDES - Secure Diffuse Programming
- LOGNET - Logical Networks: Self-organizing Overlay Networks and Programmable Overlay Computing Systems
- MYRIADS - Design and Implementation of Autonomous Distributed Systems
- OASIS - Active objects, semantics, Internet and security
- PHOENIX - Programming Language Technology For Communication Services
- POPS - System and Networking for Portable Objects Proved to be Safe
- PRIVATICS - Privacy Models, Architectures and Tools for the Information Society
- REGAL - Large-Scale Distributed Systems and Applications
- RMOD - Analyses and Languages Constructs for Object-Oriented Application Evolution
- SCORE - Services and Cooperation
- TRISKELL - Reliable and efficient component based software engineering