Xavier Leroy,Gallium project team leader at the Inria Paris-Rocquencourt research centre, has been awarded the Royal Society Milner Award 2016 in recognition of his research on the OCaml functional programming language and on the formal verification of compilers. This prize, created in homage to Professor Robin Milner, rewards a European researcher for his or her exceptional contribution to computer science.
At 27 years old Xavier Duportet, the founder of Eligo Bioscience, was one of the 10 French innovators aged under 35 to be rewarded for their "revolutionary technologies" by the magazine MIT Technology Review in partnership with BNP Paribas and the Atelier BNP Paribas on Wednesday 15 April 2015.
On 8 July 2015, Eligo Bioscience received 2 million Euros of funding from Seventure.
Today, Inria announces the launch of SoundCity, a mobile application to measure your personal exposure to noise pollution. The project is supported by the City of Paris smart city initiative and Bernard Jomier, deputy mayor responsible for health, disability, and relations with Paris public hospital system.
The Inria Saclay - Île-de-France research centre presents Wilder, a video wall composed of 75 screens. The Wilder video wall is part of the Digiscope Equipement d’Excellence programme and is the successor to the Wild project. As well as being bigger than its predecessor, Wilder incorporates screens with virtually invisible edges. The array is designed to allow scientists to view very large images and explore complex data with astonishing comfort.
Animesh Pathak is head of research with the Mimove team at the Inria Paris-Rocquencourt research centre, and specialises in systems for mobile applications...
Originating from India, he was first an intern at the institute as part of the internship programme, before returning to Inria following time spent in the United States.
Animesh Pathak is a research scientist in the Mimove team at the Inria Paris-Rocquencourt Research Centre. Born in India, he started out as an intern on the Institute’s internship programme, returning later after a period of time spent in America.
Animesh, a specialist in mobile application systems, gives us an account of the day-to-day life of a researcher at Inria.
The social network has announced the opening of an artificial intelligence research facility in the French capital. This will be the third such laboratory and the first in Europe, the others being in New York and California. The opening of the laboratory also marks the start of a strategic partnership with Inria.
Pixyl has developed a new software solution for medical research designed to extract the maximum amount of information contained in MRI brain scans (Magnetic Resonance Imaging). This solution specifically locates, identifies and quantifies, from MRI sequences, a broad range of brain lesions related to pathologies such as multiple sclerosis, brain trauma, cerebrovascular accidents and brain tumours. Pixyl thus opens up new possibilities for the use of these imaging resources whose potential has hitherto remained under-developed in the biotechnology industry.
A joint study of the interactions between all the people in a hospital, the i-Bird (Individual-based Investigation of Resistance Dissemination) experiment has helped identify the factors involved in the spread and transmission of bacteria that cause nosocomial infections. The results confirm that new technologies may be useful in analysing epidemics.
Inria Research Centers
- Christine Morin, laureate of the “Étoiles de l’Europe”’s prize
- Florence Bertails-Descoubes: From a real object to its virtual avatar
- Inria supports the development of digital Humanities through DARIAH
- Inria at the NEM Summit in Brussels
- New research synergies between Lille and northern Europe
- Technical operation on inria.fr
- Engineer recruitment campaign: 46 positions to be filled in 2015
- PhD positions : 2015 recruitment campaign under way
- Campaign "Research Positions": Inria is hiring 7 researchers
- Available soon on FUN: a MOOC on Semantic Web, by Inria-uTOP
- 2015 Competitive recruitment of young graduate scientists and senior researchers
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics Prizewinners' Forum, please register !
- Alexander Zeh (Grace), winner of the Special Prize of the Jury of the UFA for his thesis
- Disturbances on inria.fr on Monday, December 1st
- François Fages awarded the Michel Monpetit Prize