Fingerprinting makes it possible to secretly collect data from net surfers that makes it possible to identify them. This is known as “fingerprinting”. The process is as effective as it is hard to detect. Two Inria teams, based inRennes and Lille,are seeking to exposethis potential menace to privacy.
Inria reaffirms its official position regarding the deposit of written productions on an open access basis. The primary concern is the requirement to deposit the full text of all Inria project teams’ publications in HAL, the open archive.
The dissertations of Samuel Huron and Jeremy Boy have received the "IEEE VGTC VPG doctoral dissertation award 2015" with a First Prize for Samuel for his dissertation "Constructive Visualization: A token-based paradigm allowing to assemble dynamic visual representation for non-experts" and an Honorable Mention for Jeremy.
Samuel Huron and Jeremy Boy are both Ph.D students in the Aviz team of Inria Saclay – Ile-de-France, associated with Université Paris Sud.
Anke Brock is a research scientist in the Potioc team at the Inria Bordeaux - Sud-Ouest Research Centre. Born in Germany, she worked in a research department in automotive industry for 5 years before she reached France. At Inria, she is working on Human-Computer Interaction, and she is now developing her own project: interaction with geographic maps. Anke tell us more about the day-to-day life of a researcher at Inria.
On November 9th, 2015, Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft Corp, will give a keynote at La Sorbonne University in a conference entitled “Innovation & Tech : quel sera votre métier demain ?”. He will be surrounded by startups and Inria-Microsoft Research Centre.
- Microsoft Research - Inria Joint Centre
- INRIA Saclay - Île-de-France
- Satya Nadella
- Machine learning
The fifh French Computer Beaver contest (Concours Castor informatique) will take place during the week of 14-21 november 2015 in order to introduce computer technology and digital sciences to children.
The start-up iQSpot, which was created in 2015 at the Inria-Bordeaux research centre and specialises in energy savings, has just raised 300,000 Euros in seed funding from IT-Translation.
The 3DV conference, devoted to computer vision, will take place in Lyon from 19-22 October. Edmond Boyer, research director at Inria Grenoble - Rhône-Alpes and organiser of this year's international event, tells us about its aims and the issues at stake.
Designed as a test-bed for the technologies underlying the Internet of Things, the FIT IoT-Lab was officially opened at Inria Lille – Nord Europe.The lab will provide an innovative new infrastructure for researchers and manufacturers.
- Internet of things
- Connected objects
- Fun project team
- Sensor networks
- Internet of tomorrow
- Internet of the future
Inria Research Centers
- Frédéric Loiret: a European researcher and citizen
- Inria joins European Public Private Partnership on Big Data research
- Christine Morin, laureate of the “Étoiles de l’Europe”’s prize
- Florence Bertails-Descoubes: From a real object to its virtual avatar
- Inria supports the development of digital Humanities through DARIAH
- Disturbances on inria.fr on Monday, September 21st
- Technical operation on inria.fr
- Engineer recruitment campaign: 46 positions to be filled in 2015
- PhD positions : 2015 recruitment campaign under way
- Campaign "Research Positions": Inria is hiring 7 researchers
- Available soon on FUN: a MOOC on Semantic Web, by Inria-uTOP
- 2015 Competitive recruitment of young graduate scientists and senior researchers
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics Prizewinners' Forum, please register !
- Alexander Zeh (Grace), winner of the Special Prize of the Jury of the UFA for his thesis
- Disturbances on inria.fr on Monday, December 1st