In the networks jungle, how to ensure protection of users' personal data? The French start-up, Novathings, and the Diana team at Inria joined forces to help individuals regain control of their digital lives
- Architecture and user rights
- Connected objects
- Social networks
- Personal data backup and security
Nicolas Nova is the keynote speaker scheduled to close IHM14, the Man-Machine Interaction Conference sponsored by INRIA and Lille University. Professor at the HEAD-Geneva University of Art and Design, he teaches ethnography applied to design, more specifically in the field of digital design. He is also co-founder of the Near Future Laboratory, an innovation-centred design agency that works with major companies including Sony and Renault.
Inria celebrated on June 13 the 25 years of the World Wide Web along with Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of this great tool. At a conference at Futur en Seine in Paris, Sir Tim outlined the challenges facing the Web for the next 25 years. He invited users worldwide to define "the Web We Want."
This year's CNRS Gold Medal, France's highest honour for scientific work, has been awarded to Gérard Berry, former Research Director for Inria, former President of the Inria Evaluation Committee and, since 2012, occupant of the first chair in computer science at the Collège de France.
Portrait : Maxime Bonelli
Thanks to funding under a CIFRE agreement, Maxime Bonelli is preparing a PhD thesis on behavioural finance with TOSCA team project*. At the same time as pursuing his PhD, he also works at Koris International, a financial investment advisory firm. Maxime is very enthusiastic about his research area and appreciates the mutual contributions between academia and industry.
Graduate students from Canada and France will participate in projects overseas
Inria Awards 2014
Inria announces the Inria awards 2014 winners. Find out who are acknowledged this year for their major contributions to computer science and promising innovations for our society and the proper functioning of Inria. The winners of five Inria awards in 2014 will be honoured on 13 October, at an awards ceremony at the Forum des Images in Paris.
Inria Research Centers
- Director of European and International Partnerships
- Inria and Mitacs launch student exchange programme
- Inria at the NEM Summit in Brussels
- ERCIM’s 25th anniversary
- ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship Programme - round call
- 2014 competitive selections: acceptance results
- Senior researcher: list of acceptable applicants
- Young experienced scientists: list of acceptable applicants
- François Baccelli Wins the 2014 ACM SIGMETRICS Achievement Award
- Florian Simatos Wins 2014 ACM SIGMETRICS Rising Star Researcher Award