Université Paris-Saclay is organizing its first Business Convention (BDBC) on the theme "Big Data" in Saclay. This is an ambitious event with a national scope targeting challenges and opportunities of Big Data including data sciences, business potential. Nozha Boujemaa, Director of the Inria Saclay Ile-de-France research centre, is head of the organizing committee of this convention to be held on 24th and 25th November 2015 at HEC Paris.
COMMANDS, joint team Inria – CMAP, is pleased to invite you to attend a workshop on Optimal Control of Partial and Ordinary Differential Equations to be held on November 16th and 17th, 2015 at Ecole Polytechnique in Palaiseau.
Sunday, October, 11th, at 3pm, Ioana Manolescu, research director at Inria Saclay – Ile-de-France Research Centre and head of the Oak project team, will speak during the public conferences of the Grand Chantier de l’Info about the « Text analysis tools for fact checking ».
On October, 9th, Inria Saclay - Île-de-France research centre will host a technical tour organized by AFIS (Association Française d’Ingénierie Système), SystemX and ENSTA ParisTech and present the Wilder video wall.
Prizes and distinctions
Jan Gmys, Ph.D. student under the co-direction of Nouredine Melab within the project-team Dolphin (associated with the University of Lille 1 *) of Inria Lille - Nord Europe, has just been awarded a Best Paper Award for the work doned during his thesis, at the International conference PPAM'2015 about parallelism and applied mathematics.
Stéphane Ubeda is nominated as the new director of the Inria Rennes Bretagne Atlantique’s research center
Antoine petit, Inria’s CEO, has nominated Stéphane Ubeda as the new director of the Inria Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique’s research center, replacing Bertrand Braunschweig from the october 1st 2015.
Carnot institutes : 10 years of innovation
The Carnot institutes network, which was created in 2006 to bring the world of research closer to that of companies, has proven the strength of its commitment to partnership research and its effectiveness for the economy: it has more than doubled its turnover with companies, going from 186 million Euros of partnership research contracts in the first year to 458 million Euros in 2014. With only 15% of the French public research workforce, it carries out over 55% of research outsourced by companies to public research.
Erwan Faou, Inria researcher in the project-team IPSO, received last september 14 the Germund Dahlquist prize 2015, on the occasion of the international conference SciCADE2015 (Scientific Computation and Differential Equations) held in Potsdam (Germany).
Ioana Manolescu, Research Director at Inria Saclay – Ile-de-France Research Centre, heads the OAK team, a joint team with Université Paris-Sud. She is currently working on a tool for deciphering content: "An application for rooting out the fibs told by politicians?" as headlined by the paper Ouest France in an article published on Thursday, 3 September 2015.
Here we take a look back at Ioana Manolescu's career and at how this ambitious project came into being.
- Ioana Manolescu
- INRIA Saclay - Île-de-France
Inria Research Centers
- Inria joins European Public Private Partnership on Big Data research
- Christine Morin, laureate of the “Étoiles de l’Europe”’s prize
- Florence Bertails-Descoubes: From a real object to its virtual avatar
- Inria supports the development of digital Humanities through DARIAH
- Inria at the NEM Summit in Brussels
- Disturbances on inria.fr on Monday, September 21st
- Technical operation on inria.fr
- Engineer recruitment campaign: 46 positions to be filled in 2015
- PhD positions : 2015 recruitment campaign under way
- Campaign "Research Positions": Inria is hiring 7 researchers
- Available soon on FUN: a MOOC on Semantic Web, by Inria-uTOP
- 2015 Competitive recruitment of young graduate scientists and senior researchers
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics Prizewinners' Forum, please register !
- Alexander Zeh (Grace), winner of the Special Prize of the Jury of the UFA for his thesis
- Disturbances on inria.fr on Monday, December 1st