The LIFEWARE project-team joined the Inria Saclay - Île-de-France research centre in January 2016. Between hardware and software, LIFEWARE seeks to shed light on life software by trying to understand its methods using engineering methods. Meeting with François Fages, Grégory Batt and Sylvain Soliman.
The 11th edition of the TERATEC Forum will take place on 28th and 29th June 2016 on the Ecole Polytechnique campus. Inria will be presenting a selection of innovative technologies and will partner the European Research Café, which aims to spotlight European research projects and initiatives in the fields of numerical simulation, HPC and Big Data.
DEDUCTEAM joined the Inria Saclay – Île-de-France Research Centre on 1 January 2016. The team, which is going through some major changes, works on proof systems and deduction. Interview of Gilles Dowek, leader of DEDUCTEAM, at ENS Cachan.
La Maison Attentive, an interior design firm that works with the Inria Lille centre and NooliTIC, has produced a proof of concept for Zephyr, an intelligent, voice-activated overbed table. Created in less than a month, this tool is designed to offer greater independence to persons with reduced mobility.
On Friday 10 June 2016 in Paris, a memorandum of understanding was signed between Jifeng HE, dean of the East China Normal University school of computer science and software engineering, and Antoine Petit, CEO of Inria.
The "Inria entrepreneurs of the future" are being exhibited on the railings of the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research from 14 June to 7 July 2016. Come and discover - or rediscover - the photo exhibition!
Supported by the scientific and technological services of the French embassies to the US and Canada, the NETVA programme (New Technology Venture Accelerator) helps young French businesses to find their feet across the Atlantic by introducing them to the contacts and resources they need to penetrate the North American market.
The international IDEX panel met from 25 to 29 April 2016 to evaluate the eight IDEXes selected in 2011/2012 for the first "Investments for the Future" programme (PIA1). At the end of its evaluation, the Paris-Saclay Idex had its probationary period renewed for 18 months. Bertrand Braunschweig, Head of the Inria Saclay – Île-de-France Research Centre, explains the institute's positioning to us.
Unithé ou Café
The "Unithé ou café" meetings were relaunched at the Inria Saclay - Île-de-France research centre on Thursday 19 May 2016, and welcomed Olivier Teytaud - member of the TAO project-team - who spoke to us about artificial intelligence and its application to the Go game (at the forefront of the news a few weeks ago), but also electricity, curriculum vitae of cows and hippopotamuses playing table tennis!
In partnership with Inria Saclay – Île-de-France research center, the mathematics Olympiad of Créteil Educational District awards ceremony has been held on Wednesday, May, 25th at Saint Exupéry high school in the presence of Béatrice Gille, education officer for the educational district of Créteil.
Inria Research Centers
- Inria and the CNIL launch a European prize for the protection of privacy
- Stanley Durrleman receives an ERC Starting Grant
- Emilia Tantar: a committed European researcher
- IceSL obtains an ERC Proof of Concept grant
- Frédéric Loiret: a European researcher and citizen
- Le Monde : "Mettez un chat dans votre ordinateur" (EPI Quantic)
- PhD positions : 2015 recruitment campaign under way
- Campaign "Research Positions": Inria is hiring 7 researchers
- Available soon on FUN: a MOOC on Semantic Web, by Inria-uTOP
- 2015 Competitive recruitment of young graduate scientists and senior researchers
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics Prizewinners' Forum, please register !
- Alexander Zeh (Grace), winner of the Special Prize of the Jury of the UFA for his thesis
- Disturbances on inria.fr on Monday, December 1st
- François Fages awarded the Michel Monpetit Prize