The MOOC « Code-Based Cryptography » will be available on May, 25 2015 on the platform France Université Numérique. It will be taught by Irène Marquez-Corbella, Nicolas Sendrier from the SECRET Team (Inria) and Matthieu Finiasz (CryptoExpert).
Inria Industry Meeting
On Monday 11th May 2015, a new edition of Inria Industry Meetings will be held on the theme of Smart City & Mobility Innovations, organized by Inria, Inria@SiliconValley and PRIME.
Available soon on the platform France Université Numérique (FUN): a MOOC on «Mobile Robots and Autonomous Vehicles», by Inria-uTOP. Registrations are open.
The Institute jointly organizes with the French Embassy in Japan, CNRS, NICT and Keio University, a workshop devoted to cybersecurity that will be held in Tokyo on April 1st and 3rd, 2015.
In the press
“SET a thief to catch a thief.” Security-conscious companies, from banks to newspapers, often hire, if not thieves, then the analogues of thieves, to test their computer systems for weaknesses. These professional hackers, called penetration testers, poke and prod at their clients’ systems. If they find a way in, they inform the client, who can then fix the problem. Penetration testing, though, is expensive—for the skills required to be a good tester are rare. That is why a French firm called Cryptosense is hoping to automate the job.
The Inria Lille - Nord Europe project-team Bonsai (run jointly with the CNRS and Université Lille1*) has created Vidjil, software for high-throughput analysis of white blood cells. Objective: provide physicians with a tool for treating leukemia. As March 28 and 29 are national leukemia days in France, the creators of Vidjil took this opportunity to explain how it works.
Immersive reconstruction of a Gallo-roman site using Immersia, a virtual reality platform developed jointly by Inria Rennes-Bretagne Atlantique and the IRISA laboratory - © Inria - IRISA / Photo B. Arnaldi
On the occasion of the IEEE VR conference taking place at the end of March 2015 in Arles, Sabine Coquillart, General Chair of the conference and research director of the Inria Grenoble – Rhône-Alpes PRIMA project team, describes the changes taking place today in the virtual reality market. Taking advantage of the availability of increasingly powerful smartphones, the market is rapidly opening up to the general public. Sabine Coquillart explains why.
The MOOC “« Bioinformatics: genomes and algorithms”» (French speaking) will be available soon on the platform France Université Numérique. Registration is open.
The MOOC “« Binaural Hearing for Robots » will be available soon on the platform France Université Numérique. It will be taught by Radu Horaud, from the Perception team (Inria, Université Joseph Fourier, Institut polytechnique de Grenoble, CNRS, Laboratoire Jean Kuntzmann (LJK)).
- Robot and Machine Hearing
- France Université Numérique
- Radu Horaud
- Digital Signal Processing
Last November, the Prosecco research team led by Karthikeyan Bhargavan discovered a vulnerability in the TLS protocol used to secure internet communications. Interview with Antoine Delignat-Lavaud , doctoral researcher and member of the Prosecco research team.
Inria Research Centers
- Christine Morin, laureate of the “Étoiles de l’Europe”’s prize
- Florence Bertails-Descoubes: From a real object to its virtual avatar
- Inria supports the development of digital Humanities through DARIAH
- Inria at the NEM Summit in Brussels
- New research synergies between Lille and northern Europe
- PhD positions : 2015 recruitment campaign under way
- Campaign "Research Positions": Inria is hiring 7 researchers
- Available soon on FUN: a MOOC on Semantic Web, by Inria-uTOP
- 2015 Competitive recruitment of young graduate scientists and senior researchers
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics Prizewinners' Forum, please register !
- Alexander Zeh (Grace), winner of the Special Prize of the Jury of the UFA for his thesis
- Disturbances on inria.fr on Monday, December 1st
- François Fages awarded the Michel Monpetit Prize
- Director of European and International Partnerships
- Inria and Mitacs launch student exchange programme