Prix et distinctions
Le 23 juin dernier, Valérie Issarny a été promue au grade de Chevalier dans l’Ordre national de la Légion d’honneur pour le domaine de l’enseignement supérieur et de la recherche. C’est Antoine Petit, directeur général adjoint d’Inria, qui lui a remis les insignes en reconnaissance de son rayonnement scientifique.
Equipe de recherche
Nous avons rencontré Nikolaos Georgantas, responsable de la nouvelle équipe Mimove (Middleware on the Move) depuis le 1er juillet 2014.
The 41st edition of the International SIGGRAPH conference meets from 10 to 14 August in Vancouver, Canada. Thousands of researchers and industrialists from computer graphics and interactive techniques domains present their latest advances for special effects in movies, video games production or interaction techniques. On this occasion the Imagine, Maverick and Prima Inria teams present their recent research results and software developments in modeling light effects, animation of drawings and video compositing.
- Boost Your Code
- SIGGRAPH 2014
- Light modeling
- Vector graphics
Siggraph is the leading event in the computer graphics and graphics programming world. This year’s conference will be held in Vancouver, Canada from 10 to 14 August.
Last month, the Mint project team (joint with the French National Centre for Scientific Research and the Université Lille 1*) welcomed secondary school pupils and lecturers from the Lycée Baggio in Lille into its laboratory. This meeting was organised by Jonathan Aceituno, a PhD student in the team, and was an opportunity for students to discover the world of research in digital science.
- Education in digital technologies
- Popular science initiatives
- Scientific mediation at school
Massive Open Online Courses
MoocLab was established by Inria in May 2013 with the aim of coordinating the activities of Inria and those partners wishing to join it in the field of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). These new digital social entities are still at the experimental stage, but they are poised to enter a period of rapid growth.
Eitan Altman, Inria Senior Research Scientist on the MAESTRO project team, received the Isaacs Award at the ISDG international symposium in Amsterdam on 9-12 July, in recognition of his research on game theory.
The MimeTIC project-team at the Inria Rennes-Bretagne Atlantique research centre stands at the interface between two laboratories: the 'Movement, Sport and Health' laboratory in the science and technique of physical and sports activities, and the Institute for Research in Computer Science and Random Systems (Irisa) in IT. Its research activities focus on three main areas. MimeTIC Manager Franck Multon gives us the low-down.
Inria Research Centers
- 2014 competitive selections: acceptance results
- Senior researcher: list of acceptable applicants
- Young experienced scientists: list of acceptable applicants
- François Baccelli Wins the 2014 ACM SIGMETRICS Achievement Award
- Florian Simatos Wins 2014 ACM SIGMETRICS Rising Star Researcher Award
- Young Graduate Scientists: acceptability
- Starting and Advanced Research Positions: Results of the interviews
- ERCIM Alain Bensoussan - 2nd round call 2014-2015
- Prix SIGPLAN Achievement Award & Most Influential ICFP Paper Award
- Leslie Lamport honoured with the Turing Award