Competitive selection 2014 : senior researcher ("DR2")
Inria is hiring nine senior researchers by means of a competition. These positions will be located as follows : 8 positions located in all the Inria research centres and 1 position at the Lille centre. For more information, read the application conditions and download the file.
Registration for the senior researchers competition begins on 15 January 2014.
The following may apply:
- Holders of a doctorate (or equivalent degree) and with at least eight years’ experience in research activities;
- Applicants with publications and scientific work deemed to be equivalent;
- Young experienced scientists with three years’ seniority in this grade ("CR1").
Research experience must have been acquired at a scientific or technological establishment in France or abroad. Where the applicant has carried out research at a public or private teaching establishment or organisation in France or abroad, an equivalence may be granted after consulting the Inria assessment commission.
There are no age limits or nationality requirements for the recruitment of senior researchers.
The competitive admission process is held in various stages :
- Eligibility: Inria ensures that each applicant fulfils the registration conditions.
- Pre-selection based on the review of candidates application files: the committee studies the files of applicants allowed to compete. The committee then draws up a shortlist of pre-selected applicants for the competition who receive a convocation for interviews.
- Interviews and decisions on acceptability: pre-selected applicants are then interviewed. After deliberation, the committee compiles the list of acceptable candidates.
- Acceptance results: the admission committee reviews the files of acceptable applicants and draws up the list of accepted candidates.
15 January 2014
14 February 2014
Deadline for downloading application files
17 February 2014
Deadline for submitting application files
10 April 2014
20, 21 & 22 May 2014
Interviews and acceptability results
5 June 2014
From 1 October 2014 onwards
- RTF format
- LateX format (zip)
- Criteria for software self-assessment (pdf)
Help to complete a file:
- Information notice on how to fill the application package (pdf)
- Guidelines for socio-economic impact & transfer part
- General information: competitive selections of research scientists for the year 2014_v2 (pdf) This new version of 20/01/2014 cancels and replaces the previous file
Security and defence procedure
In the interests of protecting its scientific and technological assets, Inria is a restricted-access establishment. Consequently, it follows special regulations for welcoming any person who whishes to work with the institute. The final acceptance of each candidate thus depends on applying this security and defence procedure.